SHREE ABIRAMI EDUCATIONAL TRUST is formed on 16 th October, 2006 having its administrative office at 2400A, 11th Main Road, Anna Nagar, Chennai- 60040. The aims of the trust is to make awareness in the field of education to the people irrespective of rich or poor.
Right School & Right College of Nursing
Right school & College of Nursing is located on Poonamallee Highway Road at Vanagaram, Chennai. The institution gives special attention to the student individually with adequate staffs. Infrastructure is highly appreciable with all well equipped labs, library with more than 4500 books and 13 Indian & 11 foreign journals.
Philosophy & Objectives of our Institution
- Health is a state of well-being that enables a person to lead a psychologically, socially and economically productive life. Health is not a privilege but right of all the people. Individuals, families and communities have a responsibility towards maintaining their health.
- Nursing contributes to the health services in a vital and significant way in the health care delivery system. It recognizes national health goals and is committed to participate in the implementation of National Health policies and programmes. It aims at identifying health needs of the people, planning and providing quality care in collaboration with other health professional and community groups.
- Undergraduate Nursing program at the broad based education within an academic framework, specifically directed to the development of critical thinking skills, competences and standards required for practice of professional Nursing and midwifery as envisaged in National Health Policy 2002.
- The faculty of this Nursing College believes that the basic course is a formal educational preparation which should be based on educational principles. We recognize it as the foundation on which the practice of nursing is built and on which further professional education depends.
- The teachers have the responsibility to be role models and create learning environment that enables students to acquire inquiry driven, self directed learning and foster an attitude of life long learning.
The aim of the undergraduate Nursing program is to:
- Prepare graduates assume responsibilities as professionals, competent Nurses and Midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
- Prepare Nurses who can make independent decisions in Nursing situations, protect the rights and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community Nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of Nursing practice. They are also expected to assure the role of teacher, supervisor, manager in a clinical/public health, community Nursing services and conduct research studies.
On completion of the Diploma & B.Sc. Nursing program the Student will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicines including alternative systems and Nursing in providing Nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide Nursing care based on steps of Nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide primitive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the National Health Policies and programmes.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively as members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and team work.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings.
- Participates and initiates changes effectively as members of the health team in healthcare delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and to the profession.