Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination other than the higher secondary course examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu shall obtain an eligibility certificate from The Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Guindy before seeking admission.
- The application form with the prospectus can be obtained from the RIGHT COLLEGE OF NURSING, 1/5 Chettiyar Agaram Road, Vanagaram, Chennai - 95, with a requisition letter by sending a crossed demand bank draft of Rs. 200 drawn in favour of “RIGHT COLLEGE OF NURSING, CHENNAI” from any Nationalized Bank payable at Chennai.
- The application form has to be filled by the applicant in her own handwriting.
- All information given in the application form should be accurate. Any falsification or suppression of information will result in the application being rejected.
- Full name of the candidate as given in the school records should be stated in the application form, all other related forms and correspondence.
- The information given in the application form should be factual.
- Application fee or other fee once paid is not refundable. Documents submitted with the application also will not be returned.
- The completed application forms along with certificates should be sent to the Principal, Right Collage of Nursing, 1/5, Chettiaragaram Raod, Vanagaram, Chennai – 600095.
- Belated or incomplete application without necessary enclosures will be rejected.
- The candidate will be notified about the personal interview on merit basis.
- The Management reserves the right to admit the student. Minimum eligibility criteria do not guarantee admission.
- At the time of interview the candidate should bring all original certificates. On admission the candidate should submit all original certificates and they will be returned only after the completion of the course.
- The selected candidate who had passed any qualifying examination other than the Higher secondary course examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu, on admission should submit the eligibility certificate from the Tamil Nadu DR. M.G.R Medical University.
- If a candidate does not join within 2 days of the date specified without any reasonable cause it would be deemed that she has not accepted the call and seat will be offered to another candidate.
- The selected candidates will be admitted subject to the regulations and rules of Government of Tamil Nadu and Indian Nursing Council.
- The selected candidates must pay the fees fixed form time to time to the collage, subject to the rules and regulations on the day of admission.
- Fees will be changed as and when required. Fees once paid will not be refunded.
Internship (Integrated Practice):
- Internship means 8 hours of integrated clinical duties in which 2weeks of evening and night shift duties are included (in the final year).
- Internship should be carried out as 8 hours per day at 48 hours per week.
- Students during internship will be supervised by nursing faculties.
- Students are eligible to sit for fourth year final examination only after successful completion of internship.
- Students who miss any part of the clinical experience for reasons other than availing the sick leave will be required to compensate.
- No candidates should be admitted to the examination unless she has put in attendance of not less than 80% in theory & 100% in practical every year.
- 240 working days in an academic year is compulsory.
Performance appraisal of the students is assessed by a system of periodical internal assessment in academic and clinical performance.
- A Continuous method of evaluation of each student is done taking into consideration of her performance in theory, practical and viva voce.
- The aggregate marks in each subject scored by the students will be sent to the university once in three months as internal assessment marks.
- Obtaining 50% of marks in each subject as internal assessment is mandatory to appear for the university examinations.
College hours are not less than 8 hours per day including lunch break. Second and Fourth Saturdays will be holidays & other Saturdays will be a full working day.
Medium of Instruction:
English shall be the medium of Instruction for all subjects of study and for examinations of the B.Sc Degree course in Nursing.
Syllabus is as prescribed by Indian Nursing Council and adopted by Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University.
Classification of Successful Candidate
A Successful candidate is classified as :
- Who secures not less than 75% in any subject gets distinction in that particular subject provided she passes the whole examination in the first class.
- Who passes the examination in all subjects at first attempt obtaining not less than 60% of the aggregate marks shall be declared to have passed the examination in the first class.
- All the other successful candidates shall be declared to have passed the examination in second class.
Procedure for completing the course:
- Minimum pass marks shall be 50 % in each of the theory and practical papers separately.
- A candidate must have minimum of 80 % attendance (irrespective of the kind of absence) in theory and practical in each subject for appearing for examination.
- A candidate must have 100 % attendance in each of the practical areas before award of degree.
- A candidate has to pass in theory and practical exam separately in each of the paper.
- If a candidate fails in either theory or practical paper, he/she has to re-appear for both the papers (Theory and practical).
- Maximum number of attempts permitted for each paper is 3 including first attempt.
- A candidate failing in more than two subjects will not be promoted to the next year.
- Candidate shall not be admitted to the subsequent higher examination unless the candidate has passed the previous examination.
- The maximum period to complete the course successfully should not exceed 8 years.
- Candidates shall submit a record of clinical work done duly attested by the head of the collage and shall satisfy the faculty as to her ability to give comprehensive care before being admitted to the examination.
- Following successful completion of the 4th year and the convocation, the B.Sc. degree should be registered with the Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council.
The following rules and regulations are implemented not to curtail the freedom of the individual. They are meant for their orderly growth in a well regulated community. They also help to define the character of the individual & the institution.
- Perfect silence should be observed in the class.
- Students are solely responsible for their belonging, writing materials etc.
- The damage done to the library books college furniture laboratory apparatus etc must be made good \replaced.
- Students should avoid taking leave as much as possible and if it is a prolonged illness a medical certificate must be produced.
- For unavoidable circumstances prior permission must be obtained form the principal.
- Irregular attendance habitual idleness, disobedience any kind of cheating or immodesty in dress or misbehavior are viewed seriously and it may be sufficient reason for the dismissal of the student.
- Every student is expected to keep up the tone of the college by excelling in her conduct, good manners, cleanliness & self discipline both in and out of the college and serve up to the motto.
- Punctuality should be maintained during class hours and clinical hours.
- Cell phone is prohibited in the college premises.
- Ragging is banned in the college, students involving in Ragging will be dismissed form the college without any information or enquiry.
Fees & Payment
- At the time of admission fees prescribed by the government should be paid.
- Tuition fees and other fees of each year should be paid at the beginning of the year.
- No student will be allowed to attend classes unless she complies with all the admission requirements and pays all the fees for the year.
- Fees specified by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University including examination fee, examination application form fee, mark list fee, sports fee, and library fee to be paid before examination. The amount may vary as prescribed by the university.
- The college does not take any responsibility for the loss of personal property.
- Students who keep any valuable goods such as jewellery do so at their own risk.
- Students are expected to posses 3 sets of clinical uniform, 2 sets of community health nursing uniform. When in uniform, no form of jewellery is permitted to be worn except small ear rings and hair must be put-up.
- No stipend will be given throughout the course. Fees once remitted will not be refunded.
- The Head of the institution shall declare 6 weeks’ vacation in an academic year to the students. The Head of the institution can decide the period(s) of vacation.
- Students can voluntarily withdraw from the college subject to the rules of college in force.
- Students leaving shall pay tuition fees for remaining period of study during withdraw from the course.
ONLY FEMALE CANDIAATES were admitted. Our sanctioned intake at present is 50. 17 (Seventeen) students under the Management quota and 33 (Thirty-three) under the Government selection. The need for increasing admission from 50 to 100 is in progress.